Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Road trip

The Lawyer loves a road trip. I'd rather stick hot satay sticks in my eyes than be trapped in the car with the children for long periods of time. When they were little, I spent hours turning around handing out food, drinks, crayons and phenergan while he drove. Now they are older it is different, not better. Today the trip is only four hours. Here is the routine:

1. Write list of everything we need to pack
2. Remember that I have written this list before and print off original list
3. Add the things I need not on list, ie EASTER EGGS
4. Pack extra clothes just in case
5. Give children their own list
6. Ask 17 times if they have packed a hat
7. Pack hats for them myself
8. Empty bins
9. Update notes to house sitter
10. Remind each of the children a short shower is 5 minutes not 20
11. Wait patiently while The Lawyer takes several phone calls from work
12. Wait patiently while each of the children says goodbye to each of the three pets
13. Say goodbye to each of the pets myself
14. Referee argument over who is sitting where in the car
15. Resist the urge to say 'I told you so' to The Lawyer when he insisted we no longer needed a 7 seater 4WD
16. Take headache tablets
17. Get to the end of the driveway, stop the car and move into the back to sit in between two of the children Because they can't possibly breathe the same air
18. Go back home to get the EASTER EGGS which have been left behind.

Can't wait to get to where we are going.

AMFYOYO


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Yes that sounds about right. And meanwhile even if you give Dad jobs to do somehow all he ends up having to do really is carry stuff and get in the car!

    ReplyDelete